Established in 2001 and made possible through the generous donations of our University staff members, these awards are used toward the purchase of books or supplies for qualified undergraduate students enrolled at any of the University of Pittsburgh campuses and whose parent or guardian is a dedicated staff member. Awards are granted each academic year and presented at the Chancellor’s Staff Recognition Ceremony. In 2020, Staff Council was proud to offer $500 scholarships to two outstanding students.
- a non-freshman enrolled as an undergraduate at the University of Pittsburgh
- in good standing with at least a 2.0 grade point average
- have a parent/guardian who is a regular full-time or regular part-time staff member at the University of Pittsburgh
The following requirements should be completed before uploading each document into the electronic Staff Council Book Fund Application:
- Unofficial Transcript
- Complete Student Conduct Clearance Form It will ask for a supervisor's name in the application. Please enter email@example.com
Statement of Interest (750 words maximum) on why you have applied for the scholarship that includes:
- Work experience
- Volunteerism / Community Activities
- University Involvement / Student Activities
- Career Aspirations
Apply through Pitt Funds Me:
You will be prompted to log in.
Search for Staff Council Book Award-if you are not directed to the scholarship.
- 2022 Awards Closed
Instructions for getting an Unofficial Transcript:
Instructions for conduct clearance form: Please connect to the link above.
Have additional questions? Contact the Staff Council Office at 412-624-4236 or at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. We look forward to honoring the children of University of Pittsburgh staff.
- Hanna Alamo-Junior at Pitt Main Campus-Majoring in Emergency Medicine.
- Natalie Mittereder-Junior at Pitt Main Campus Majoring in Spanish and Business
- Belqis Rahim-Junior at Pitt Main-Majoring in Economics.